Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Release

I wandered along the ocean shore, was out for a quiet walk...
Time seems to stand still when all you can see is sand and water and rocks block the rest of the world from you.
Thoughts seem to grow on you in such times. Sprouting out of your head and trickling along your skin, sending shivers down your spine.

The ocean beckons me with it rhythmic ebb and flow. Hypnotized, I move towards it unable to stop myself though I know I should. Just shallow water I think. Just skimming thoughts that seem to draw me in. An inch more, maybe a yard.
NO...these are not who I am now. These belong in the past. Tide, do not draw me in! I'm scared.

I start to move away but golden swirls of fond memories pull me in. Although aware of the danger, I follow, unable to steer away. It is only once I am too far in that the tentacles of blue and grey wrap around me. Octopus with no mercy...HELP! What have I done? Why did I not watch out for the trap?

Squirming, "let me loose". "No" say them - ghosts of years past, "look and remember, feel and cry. No one will hear you". Trapped in the swarm of arms, suckers clinging tight leaving me breathless and gasping. All energy seeps away, I collapse and am helpless. Too tired to fight them any more. I weep silently and drown in misery.

A soft voice speaks up - Why must you consume yourself this way? Need to get out and breathe. Let go of the past, golden swirls and all. I struggle and start to swim. No idea where my efforts are leading me. Left and right I look. Keep moving, push away from the froth of the monster.

Up and Up I go, I see a hand, sweet and loving reaching out for me. I hold on for dear life and suddenly I am free. Warm arms wrap around me and I take the fresh ocean air in. Snuggle in the coziness. A determined prayer to never venture in forbidden waters again.

Crimson thoughts soon die away and true love will never fade.
The sun seems warm again, the sand soft under my feet and his smile shining down on me.

Present to Ashes, Past to Dust...

1 comment:

Ashdin said...

present to ashes... :)