Friday, February 25, 2011

Just Shoot Me!

In the past few weeks I have been getting a little more serious about photography. Well in theory at least. I have been reading up a lot and sorting out various modes/features/exposures in my head. All, so that I am ready to pick up my camera and start shooting some elementary pictures.

I have the Sony Cybershot DSC-HX1. I thought I should first explore my camera theoretically. I am all about being prepared and knowing what you are doing before you actually try something practically. It has stood me in good stead, although there will be many who contradict that train of thought. They would tell you to just go out there and try your hand at it, albeit you know not what you are doing. And so I hunt for the manual and realize that I have probably left it behind in the States and so now have to look for it online.

At the same time I am looking to upgrade my camera to a DSLR, coz that is what anybody who is serious (and some not so serious) about getting into this art would do. I think I am going to go for the Cannon Rebel T3/2 i or maybe the 50D.

But now that I look up their site to read some reviews to help me make up my mind, I find so many positive and negative ones that I am now confused whether they make good cameras at all.

And then you have to question the veracity of the person writing the reviews since I think they get influenced by other people's reviews a lot too. People love to write bad stuff in their reviews. Very few who are happy and technically know what they are doing actually go back to write an in depth review to help us lesser mortals out. One guy actually wrote about the sounds that the camera made and referred to it as being a 'noisy' camera. Get a life dude, go learn what camera noise is before writing in a technical forum!!

I am not deterred yet though. Still reading/learning, going to check out my manual and will still continue with my research on DSLRs.

No comments: