Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Worst Days

I woke up to the smell of muffins...imagine your mouth watering even before you have time to brush your teeth...yelch! But ahhh....I almost sleep walk to the kitchen only to trip over a log on my second step. Silvia outta the way...Then there is Rashna and Naita..I smile....Sleep over after sloggin on our third year project.

College days...These happy days are yours and mine .....nananana.... It’s odd how we think that the present is like the worst, most horrible, F**KING (we thought this term was so cool) time ever of our lives. In college it was the constant assignments, dumbass Profs and paucity of printers that got on our nerves.

I think I was the joker of the lot. What with 'Uncle! Woh naraaz ho raha hai :(' and 'Alladin'. We were a bunch of 8 - Anahita, Anita, Bernie, Meghna, Namrata, Rashna, Silvia and me.

All girls’ college can sound lackluster and drab...and that is exactly what I thought at the time. Why did Mom and Dad seem so pleased? Did they not want me to have an all round experience and have crushes on guys just for the fun of it? But then College happened and it was such fun! We walked around barefoot from one lab to the other, hid just around the corner to mass bunk a class as the Prof arrived, copied assignments shamelessly and bunked Saturday lectures to get a VCD from Videotron and watch (always a romantic comedy - in other words a chic flick).

I remember crying with the tension of exams and then rejoicing when the fruits of our labor were declared. I remember jumping to the beat of the dhol at ganpati in the quadrangle. I remember fighting with some girls at IIT. I remember hugging, dancing in a circle when Silvia, Anahita and I all got into Patni in the on-campus drive. I remember the 'worst' days of my life.

No comments: